Call Today: 0333 320 7788Preparation is the key to ensuring you get the solution you need when experiencing hearing loss.
Before you even see an audiologist, write down the specific problems and worries relating to your hearing. Think about taking someone along with you for moral support and to help you remember everything you’re told. You might be surprised about the true reasons you are experiencing hearing loss.
Be sure to make a comprehensive list of the medication you are taking – some can effect speech and hearing.
There are many different solutions that can help you with hearing loss. You are not alone, and The Hearing Clinic UK is here to help you improve your hearing.What kind of questionsShould you ask at a hearing healthcheck appointment?After your examination and test, ask these important questions:
- What’s my main problem?
- What do you recommend I do – what are my options?
- Why should I go ahead and do it, how will it impact my life?
- What are the audiologists qualifications and experience? – look for 10 years or more if possible
- Do they check speech discrimination before and after the fitting?
- Is your company owned by a hearing aid manufacturer?
- What are the costs involved and can you break it down?
- Is there a trial period? – some only go up to 30 – 60 days
- Is there a warranty and how does it work? Some only go up to 2 or 4 years – look for 5
- Do you have an aftercare package? – what’s included? Do they offer comprehensive ongoing testing and tuning for the life of the device?
- Do they offer microsuction earwax removal as an option before thinking about hearing aids?
For more information and independent advice on hearing aids and what will work for you, book an appointment at one of our hearing clinics, or call: 0333 320 7788For more information and independent advice on hearing aids and what will work for you, book an appointment at one of our hearing clinics, or call: 0333 320 7788[uncode_block id=”49276″ inside_column=”yes”]